Cycle & SUP
Kiwi Journeys and Moana Paddle Nelson bring you the ‘Cycle & SUP’ (Stand Up Paddle board). Your package includes a full day bike hire and a one-hour SUP hire to explore the beautiful Nelson Haven right from Tahunanui beach. After your paddle boarding its time to check out the Great Taste Trail including, Craft Breweries, Wineries and the amazing food options.
Arrive at the Kiwi Journeys depot (right beside the i-SITE) at your leisure, although we recommend an earlier start (9:00am) to experience the calm waters of Tasman Bay.
Your adventure begins with a short 20-minute ride around the waterfront to the Moana base on Tahunanui Beach. Following a brief instruction on the conditions and technique, you are free to enjoy a cruisy coastal paddle on the hunt for rays, birds, seals and more. Bring your friends, family or enjoy the serenity and calm blue seas on your own. You decide, either way it’s awesome!!
Following your Stand-up paddle board experience, the day is yours! Kiwi Journeys will give you a map and show you all the great food, beverage and activity stops on the Great Taste Trail. You even have plenty of time to ride to Mapua and experience the amazing coastal route including, boardwalks, farmland, swing bridge, wineries, Rabbit Island and the Mapua Ferry crossing to Mapua Wharf. Here you can enjoy the buzzing atmosphere of galleries, studios, restaurants, cafes, shops, a wine bar and the Golden Bear Boutique Brewery before the shuttle returns to Nelson at 5:30pm.
- Summer: September to April (with the exclusion of Christmas Day)
- Winter: On Request
- Cycle equipment which includes trail comfort bike, helmet, repair kit, lock, panniers or carrier bag, odometer and trail map
- Bottled water
- Floatation device, leash and paddle provided. Suitable for all ages and abilities. Children must be closely supervised by an adult
- Enjoy this fantastic fun day out on our high-end e-Bikes (electric)!! ($54 per person)
- Ride to Mapua (additional $43 per person, includes Mapua Ferry crossing and return shuttle to Nelson)
- Stand up paddle boarding lesson ($35 per person for 2 hours on the water)
$80.00 NZD per person
provider Kiwi journeys